PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KLM/AF=Lost bags
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2004, 17:57
TomBola

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, finally got my bags back after 5 days. Not a word of apology or explanation. Not a single reply to telephone calls or e-mails to them. Not a cent of compensation offered - I thought this was illegal under European law now?
The advice on carrying on bags is no good when you're going away for 8 weeks or so at a time, and if you have to start your journey from a small airport as I do you can only take a small briefcase onboard. That's my computer - no way I'd trust any of these clowns with that.
As for checking it only as far as AMS, then rechecking it for the next flight: I normally have only an hour or so at AMS and last time I had to pick up my case and recheck it for the next flight, with all the delays for security checks at AMS it took me nearly 2 hours which meant that I missed the flight
I still believe that KLM and Air France are 2 of the worst major airlines in the world and their 2 main hubs are 2 of the worst major airports. I'd rather drive or catch a train if it were possible, than submit myself to the torture of being messed around by incompetent, rude, arrogant organisations such as these.