PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worldwide Taxation for French Residents
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2004, 04:56
skydriller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Hi,

Firstly let me say I dont know if this is the case or not for Pilots, as I am in the Oil Industry myself, but I do work internationally.

Regarding the 183day rule in France, I was told by the french authorities that this would only apply ( ie me not having to pay French tax, as Im in the country for less than than 183 days/year, though being resident in France) if, and only if, I worked for a French Company/French based company..... Working for a company based in any other country, if I chose to be resident in France I would have to declare my earnings in France and pay tax in France, though I would get a rebate for taxes paid elsewhere.

The key word is resident, I just visit France and dont work in France....... Likewise if you are UK resident you declare your earnings to the inland revenue, the difference is that it is a 90 day/year rule in the UK. If I could get residency in a country where you pay no tax, then Id be laughing.....

In my situation, I discovered/realised I had to pay tax somewhere out of three countries, so I did some sums and declared my earnings to the country that would charge me least.....

Regards, SD..

PS. If someone can show me Im wrong and back it up with something concrete that I dont need to be paying tax, then please say something