PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ZIMbobWE seizes US cargo Plane and Mercenaries
Old 10th Mar 2004, 04:48
Rhodie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Bolt cutters vs Mug's b@lls...??

No contest there Bert - he hasn't got any...!!!

Various rumours - 1. that the Rhodie's removed them while he was in prison (unlikely - they wouldnt want to touch em')
2. that he lost them compliments of a nasty itch he got after too many Zambezi blondes... (likely)

About 4/5 years back I was offered a job on a mine in the DRC and/or Angola - US$'s and all - I declined as was having too much fun at the time here...

These may well have been contract staff for the mine(s) - the equipment fits the bill that the guys would take and the story of picking up mining equipment is also valid.

Problem, tho' is that the aeri cleared from Wondertree without customs, why, who knows.

Now Bert, next time we are in Zim I'm not letting you talk to ANYONE.. and no sweeties either.. that accent of yours will have the whole place on high alert and they will confiscate all our chip dip...!

Here hoping the guys will be treated decently - but I doubt it. The dictator's favorite ploy of "parading" the prisoners does not bode well.

Oh - and who has heard the SA governmunt say a word to assist the guys, not me - oh, plently words mentioning 'mercenaries, illegal' and the like, but nothing else.

How does it go - "innocent until proven...." not in Africa it dont...!