PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MMMmmmiles Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2004, 21:47
Hairyplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maggie identity

Hi Beauman - Dont forget that I have promised you a ride this season.

If you trawl through this thread you will read all about the identity change of my aircraft.

V1075 was the 6th from last of over 1200 Magisters built. As a late aircraft it never wore its current all-over yellow pre-war scheme.

However, during the couse of one of its many accident rebuilds in the 50's it aquired the fuselage of N3788, an early 1938 machine.

Therefore, for historical accuracy, I plan to apply the marks that relate to the fuselage.

Conversely, little if anything remains of V1075 that ultimately became G-AKPF on demob. It will of course remain G-AKPF - we will simply take advantage of the CAA's 'relaxed' policy on military markings in order to effect the cosmetic change. This they have already agreed to - aren't they nice?!

The other option would be to get out the olive-drab, grind the surface off those horrible shiny cowlings to key the paint in, rip the spats off and get sploshing.....

Aaaaaaargh!

Hi JDK - many thanks for the pictures, I have such a nice collection of all sorts of stuff thanks to people like you. You have a ride promised too if you remember our discussion at OW!

HP