PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Smoking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2004, 16:31
Divergent Phugoid!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A R

I smoked until 1999.

Was in the mess with a mate and after lighting up a cigar the conversation went along the lines of "those things stink" I agreed and put it out. Gave him the rest of the packet for his mate, gave the lighter away to someone else, spoke to the bar staff and asked them never to sell me any more cigars and that was it. I had given up! (had a slight wager with said mate which took months to recover. Shame I didnt take him up on his offer of three months salary!)

What you do from there is dont smoke for the first day. Its purgatory I know but on the second day you say to yourself, why put myself through the hassle, stress and feeling sh1te for that one day if Im not giving up for life.... day two the same and on and on...

After a week or two, it very quickly becomes a month and then a month becomes six etc, but you must remind your self how awful you felt when you first gave up and what was the point in putting your self through that feeling if you werent giving up for life, every time you have a craving. Its worth carrying a pen to keep fingers occupied for the first few weeks when enjoying a pint.

Havent touched one since and dont have any cravings at all, infact its totally the opposite, the smell of cigars and cigarettes make me feel physically sick.

After year one bought myself a Kwaka 900 to enjoy with the proceeds which would have gone up in smoke!

The only thing that smokes now is the rear tyre!

Edited cos I couldn't spell kasawakki!

Last edited by Divergent Phugoid!; 9th Mar 2004 at 16:44.