PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - yet another questioin about FAA to JAA conversion
Old 9th Mar 2004, 13:40
ArcherII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yet another questioin about FAA to JAA conversion

I've been debating for the past two years on whether to become a pilot or engineer. I've finally decided to become an engineer, yet I will not let go of my passion for flight.

Currently I am in the US, and I have an FAA PPL, working on my FAA instrument rating.

I'll be doing a lot of VFR and IFR flying over the US in the next two years.

After that, I most probably will have to come back to Europe to find a job back home.

The question is...how far should I go with my FAA licences, and how easy is it to covernt say FAA PPL to JAA PPL compared to FAA CPL to JAA CPL.

I'm not interested in the ATPL(f) ground school anymore as I don't intend to do any type of flying anytime soon that will require it, but I would like to have a CPL wherever I am, to work on part time flying jobs such as tourist flights or traffic watch, or banner towing etc.

So should I go all the way to FAA CPL...and perhaps even multi at some point...then convert to JAA CPL...

or forget abou the advanced FAA ratings and just do the JAA CPL some day in the UK.

thanx in advance

Archer