PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Idiot on 126.900??
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2004, 01:12
Rhodie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wheelchock

Your profile indicates you also enjoy the good things in life...!!

Now, I don't know where 126.9 is used - my chart in the patch of sky where I hang out (SA, Zim, Bots and Namibia) doesn't have that freq. listed, so I do not know if it is a busy freq.

What I do know is that 'chats' on the busy (i.e. GF) freq. would not be tolerated - if we hear a friendly on the radio we can always call for numbers, but that said - I have on occasion heard a familiar voice and exchanged greetings with said party - you may not see the speaker for months on end and sometimes, in deepest darkest Africa, it's great to hear an old friend and say hello. There are times when info is passed on, conditions at destination (when out of range of same) and sometimes very vital news - otherwise, just an invite for a cold one when down and de-paxed..

Some of my friends do indeed have a "American accent", but I try not to hold that against them...

Next time the 'partner' calls - if it's busy, tell him to change to numbers, if not, say hello - I have met some fantastic people and good friends like that.

R