PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Giving away our airspace and jobs
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2004, 22:18
BALIX
I'm Just A Lawnmower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh hullo DFC, had the past few days off, have you?

Right, the local MP, who goes by the name of Sandra Osborne, does precisely what the whips tell her. She also sends round electioneering leaflets telling the local electorate that she personally is responsibe for the survival of ScOACC. Yes, she tells us a right yarn, she is a politician after all. Not a good one, obviously, but a politician nevertheless. If re-elected, it won't be down to votes from ScOACC ATCOs. Many of them don't live in her constituencey, anyway. She is complete red herring in this discussion. Well, a complete old trout at any rate

Meanwhile, your reasons for being somewhat anti-ScOACC seem to rest on the lack of an ADR from NEW to INBOB. Well, I don't think you will find anyone at ScOACC who would say no to such an ADR. At least, no one who doesn't wear a uniform. They might question its usefulness bearing in mind the lack of traffic that goes on the route but it would allow the TYNE controller to provide a reasonable service to yourself and the other flight that uses it every day.

In an ideal world, we would provide a decent service for all commercial traffic going more or less wherever they wanted to go. Hence the wish for a NEW-ADN airway that would be well used every day. However, we have to live in the real world in which there are other airspace users than just commercial traffic.

It seems to me that you should be aiming your complaints at the airspace policy department and not taking things out personally on ScACC controllers. However, I won't hold my breath.