PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liverpool Atc
Thread: Liverpool Atc
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2004, 21:15
squibbler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Are you management in disguise??

Your spelling mistakes did make me chortle. Almost in the style of our own error strewn management memos

For "unsetlling" as you so amusingly wrote try substituting "unsettled", a much more appropriate term.

I'd be really interested to know just what constitutes a "very good working environment in ATC". If a nearly new ATC facility with shiny artificial pot plants and the latest kit conjures up an image of a good working environment then I suppose your "good friend" is correct. However this says NOTHING about the standards of: pay, terms & conditions of employment, leave entitlement, crappy money purchase company pension scheme (don't panic lads, I'm sure the markets will pick up soon), loss of licence scheme (or lack of it), the list goes on.

No ATC employers are perfect (not even NATS) and with that comes a certain unavoidable level of disaffection amongst the troops over certain things.

There is no mass exodus pending. Two have left for personal reasons. Several others are muttering quietly about moving on (you'll find people like this at every other ATC unit by the way). That's it: no drama, no crisis and certainly no "unsettling minority" disrupting our harmonious "very good ATC working environment"

Perhaps the hit the road comment should be preceeded(!) by a fall from a great height
A tediously puerile jibe such as this merits an equally puerile response: off. My feet are firmly on the ground

Last edited by squibbler; 8th Mar 2004 at 21:47.