PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS - Government Policy
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2004, 18:02
DirtyPierre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QSK,

Didn't mean to come on too strong, but it really gets me about the term "aviation professional" applied to someone like Bernie Smith.

Some background on BS. He is an ex-CEO of another GBE (in Victoria, I think). He is a private pilot, but the type who doesn't like talk to ATC on radio. He used to be the AsA CFO (chief financial officer) when Bill Pollard (a real aviation professional) used to be the CEO. Bernie "inherited" the job when Bill decided he'd had enough. So we got a bean-counter as our CEO.

So does this make Bernie an "aviation professional". Maybe, until he becomes the next CEO for Mayne Health and becomes a "health professional" or the next CEO for MIM and becomes a "mining professional".

Sorry for being so pedantic about the terminology. It's a habit to do with being a follower and stickler for rules like separation standards.

QSK, I am sorry, didn't realise you were being tongue in cheek. As for having the training, experience and qualifications to be an aviation professional, so what if you don't fly professionally now, you still have a valid opinion supported by your training and experience. I don't believe that the members of SAC can say the same with any conviction.