PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Pilot Meeting
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2004, 17:05
swashnob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slight change of subject!!

Flight International (24/2 – 1/3)

Emirates president Tim Clark has a long term vision for the industry that could eliminate this time zone problem. He believes that the next generation of long range airliners, such as the proposed A380 could be equipped with the ultimate crew rest facilities, including showers, enabling pilots to operate the aircraft using a shift pattern similar to a ship’s roster.

“Crews could operate ultra-long haul flights to a 4h-on/4hoff pattern and when they get to the destination, they’d turn around and fly back without need to acclimatize to different time zones” he says.

And Clark has a simple solution to winning the pilots over to his plan: “The saving generated by not having to put crews up would be given back to them in their pay packet” he says.

Nice idea! From what I’ve read here, pilots in Emirates are not being dealt a fair deal, I hope it changes for the better. And before anybody asks, I don’t work for Emirates but have just turned down a DEC due to T & C’s and from what I heard from several friends already working for Emirates. If things were to improve, I would certainly re-apply but with quotes and empty promises from Clark like the above, it may be a ultra-long way away.

Good luck to you guys.