PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas FO's and SO's-Jetstar - cont`d
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2004, 11:23
D Rate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since when?

fellas,

Since when were the brighest sparks employed by IPG. People slang off at Virgin but the IPG paid for endorsements long before Virgin started charging for the privilege. Maybe that's because many of em' couldn't get into the Q, AN etc.

Having said that they are J Star.

Nobody is gunna unite, whilst there are people who think pilots are overpaid, particularly in Mainline. What the dic*head bean counters don't get is that you do not pay pilots for 99% of the flying, but rather the 1% when it all goes wrong......You get what you pay for

In essence it is done, the IPG think they have it in the bag. You cant blame them, the sad thing is they aren't the brighest globes in the box.

They have as a result of a founded fear(regarding job loss) exposed themselves to management as insecure wannabe Qantas pilots. Let em be, many of them are the guys who wore uniforms around the shops when they worked in GA!!!!

I do not share the notion of an AIPA president who does the negotiation for the pilot group. I don't care how good he thinks he is, sadly pilots should stick to what they do best...fly aircraft. Get an industrial advocate on the payroll of the union, who doesnt have a cyclic every 3 months and who fights because he is paid by the guys he represents.An appropiriately briefed and well versed repsresentative can exert a great deal more pressure than a line Captain who is paid by the company but works for the union because (as a majority of the com do) they want to give something back....

you know I worked in finance, did pretty good analysis of financials..That was a long time ago. Now I fly planes, get an advocate who is a heavy and if the company wants to tender as though we are blue collar, then lets be blue collar..Where is the TWU?

Want to unite the pilot group......Get the Eastern, Southern, and Sunstate guys n girls under one banner and then add the Virgin guys and gals...Do that and we got a stalemate That leads to negotiation.

As i said before we should as pilots do the flying and leave the negotiation to the heavies....Where is the TWU!!!