PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS - Government Policy
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2004, 09:46
Chris Higgins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up A Professional Response.

To DSK, Dick Smith and others...

I am not here to offend anyone with regards to the fine efforts made to contribute to these forums. We all agree on the need for airspace reform.

DSK can and should be a good contributor to airspace discussion. He values his freedom, has shared the airspace with others and has invested his resources and his spare time to add to this forum.

What DSK will also acknowledge is that the experiences of a celebrity millionaire, making his way around the world on sponsored adventures, being hosted at receptions as he goes, has absolutley nothing to do with being a professional either.

To use these experiences to change an entire airspace system is like using a teenage Summer romance to choose a wife.

DSK, you might in fact have a better idea on how the airspace system should be run than me? Let's hear it!

But... I, as a professional, would only institute such a change after considerable consultation with international, domestic and regional airlines, AOPA, military airspace users, customs, flying schools, politicians (heaven forbid!) and Air Traffic Contollers.

To run an airspace, or anything, for that matter, you don't just wake up one day, state your own contrived opinions as fact and cost the tax payer millions of dollars.

That would make you a rank amateur!