PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Aviation Problems (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2004, 06:40
RampTech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well other than the Grand Prix..this is what Paul Stoddard was up to in Australia..

AAP

Third budget airline flagged
March 7, 2004 - 6:18PM

Formula One Minardi team boss Paul Stoddart hopes to have a new budget airline called OzJet flying Australia's east coast by Christmas.

Mr Stoddart, in Australia for the Grand Prix, said today that OzJet would take on Virgin Blue and Qantas discount airline JetStar.

"We'll start off with about half a dozen aircraft, probably launching in about October," he told the Ten Network.

"We're hoping to get in just before Christmas."

OzJet would initially focus on the Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane markets and would most likely operate from suburban airports like Essendon and Moorabbin in Melbourne, Bankstown in Sydney and Archerfield in Brisbane.

Melbourne-born Mr Stoddart has said he believes there is room for a cut-price airline in Australia modelled along the lines of European success stories Eurojet and Ryanair.

and from the horses mouth re European.....

"We are in the process of evaluating the business of a discount air carrier, yes," Mr Stoddart said from his UK home.

"I have sold my airline here, which doesn't wrap up for another couple of months. Obviously, Australia is a market I have an intensive interest in and I have been watching the industry since Virgin Blue came in.

Looks like PS. is coming back home to Melbourne...

cheers

Ramptech