PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone ever flew with Royal Aero Club Of WA?
Old 7th Mar 2004, 18:49
767Junkie

Conti and the rest, remember as i have said before....

The diploma course is run by WAAC (the same ppl that advertise using a jumbo and a catchy phrase. They are the ones that run all the seminars, and they are the ones that say from nothing to Qantas in a year).

WAAC are a business completely seperate to the Royal Aero Club. The only relationship is the building space is leased by WAAC from RACWA and the fact that WAAC use RACWA's training facilities (eg the Instructors & Aircraft)

The Aero club make no more money from WAAC students than a normal CPL student.

However WAAC do make a s**t load of money.. The owner needs to keep his porsche some how.

The 10% of graduates u speak about are Graduates from the WAAC course, not graduates from RACWA.

RACWA is what you make of it. If you go in there with a negative attitude then you will more than likely come out with a negative one.

I started there 3 years ago (didnt go to WAAC). I have sinced finished ALL of my training there and now work for another company on the strip.

I do feel that the training was fantastic and i have made some awesome friendships with my instructors and fellow students. These friendships will go with me forever.

Guys everyplace has gr8 points and some bad points. But please stop talking about WAAC and blaming it on RACWA.

The two places have completely different attitudes.

Remember just because the two places share the same building they dont share the same ethos.

Anyways if you do go to RACWA for your training you are bound to be looked after and have a ball. That is if you go in with a open mind. If you go there negative you might as well not bother at all.

Take Care