PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone ever flew with Royal Aero Club Of WA?
Old 7th Mar 2004, 15:51
Continental-520

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiger,

Yeah, I'll buy that. I can accept that maybe not everyone actually was dedicated. However, even you cannot deny that they (WAAC and RACWA) make it (the GA industry) out to be some sort of fairyland in comparison to what the reality is, perhaps in an attempt to 'swoon' potential students.

Incidentally, I'll have you know that my start in another line of work/industry completely non aviation related occurred after my start in aviation, and since then, my non aviation job/career has progressed further than my career in aviation, which is naturally my career of choice. Whilst that isn't the fault of the WAAC or RACWA, I dare say that their appraisal of the industry to potential clients, or as they like to say, members, wouldn't suggest that something like this could possible be the case.

Also, if they claim to be churning out candidates who, upon completion of the course are of such a tremendously and sought after employable standard, then surely one could expect to be employable by the same company that brought them to this!! Yet, for that to be the case you're left to fork out more for the instructor rating, NVFR, tailwheel, etc...

Finally, can anyone tell me a definite number of actual graduates, and I mean graduates who've got their diploma in their hot little paws that have come out of there?

If you do the maths, I think you'll find that the actual number of graduates (employed or otherwise) makes for not even 10% of the total number of students that they've attempted to train.

Come on people, let's wake up and tell it like it is. Less than 10% graduating. Does this not say something to you?