PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When you almost became... "Another Statistic"
Old 7th Mar 2004, 11:41
Thief13x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the support people, i honestly thought i was the only one.

I also would be grateful if the moderators would turn this into a sticky thread, as i will defenatly be checking back for more stories. Probably the biggest fear of mine is all the small variables that could go wrong during a flight, and have the possibility of resulting so tragically, and how many of these variables we (at least I) take for granted, and never give much thought.

Of the little time i actually spend flying every week, i am starting to realize how dangerous it is compared to even driving a car. How on earth is there such a thing as "vetern pilots"!? So much can go wrong during even the simplest of flights (as seen in previous posts) and i think it is imparative that like b2n2 said, we learn from others mistakes. One magazine i might recommend to my fellow pilots is entitled "Aviation Safety", and its a monthly collection of severe accidents, and accident related articals. I constantly find myself pouring over these in search for ways to survive flying. One thing that i think has increased my accident awareness, is actually being at a crash site. In my profile, i mention that i am in the Civil Air Patrol, and we routinly go out tracking elt signals.

Plus, some of this stuff is pretty exciting, but isn't learning always exciting? at least when we're learning about somthing we're actually intrested in

Yes! please keep them flowing people! i could read these all night!

T13x