PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS - Government Policy
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2004, 07:17
QSK?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't Judge a Book by its Cover!

DirtyPierre:

Aviation Professionals are required for this group
I would respectfully suggest that the CEO of the country's national ATS Provider IS an aviation professional, as is the CEO of CASA. Both gentlemen are receiving remuneration for their involvement in the air transport sector, which qualifies them as aviation professionals by anybody's standard!

Secondly, your (apparent) condescending attitude towards private pilots is not warranted in all cases. Although I have never worked for an airline, I also hold a significant role in the air transport industry with a private pilot licence which I have held for some 25 odd years (my name is not Bernie Smith, by the way).

Despite my (lowly?) licence status, I take my flying very seriously and adopt what I like to think is a very professional approach - better, in some cases, than what I have occasionally observed from some "real" CPL/ATPL holders.

I have also contributed 60 odd responses on PPrune forums regarding pilot and flying techniques, as well as the inadequacies of NAS in terms of flying safety and efficiency, which is line with similar concerns raised by controllers and commercial pilots. I would like to think that most PPrune participants would judge my comments and observations as displayijng a "professional" perspective.

Just because a person only holds a PPL, doesn't automatically imply that they can't effectively manage an aviation organisation. Similarly, even in ATC; it has been my observation that some of the best performing controllers have never held a pilot's licence!