PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Very Best use for the R22
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2004, 06:44
MPR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Have I missed something in my previous posts that is personally offensive?

Don't recall saying I hadn't ever flown anything...... Well, I have flown an R22 on a few occassions (as well as B206, B47, AS350 & H500).

I have been fascinated by these machines since I was a kid when the UK AAC used to use my parents house as a marker (big red roof at 51:12:45N, 1:26:10W). Any ex AAC pilots want to confirm my suspicions?

I have seen thousands of aircraft doing lots of things all over the world. I have seen a lot of normal flights, take-offs & landings. I've also seen some terrible take-off's & even worse landings, I've even hidden behind large metallic or wooden objects to shield myself from impending doom & disaster on a few occassions!

But none of this experience or opinion counts because I don't have a license?

Dull world if people with a bit of related experience & knowledge can't share an opinion about a subject in which they are interested.

If all you deal with is facts, kiss this forum goodbye & go read your books & don't tell another soul what you have learnt - if you do beware - it might turn into a discussion in which people with less knowledge than you actually say something, or worse still, you might find someone who has MORE knowledge than you - amazing, but distinctly possible.

Next time I hear of an R22 crash in the UK I'll come & find you, maybe you can tell me what caused it? Seeing as you have flown an R22 more than me & you actually have a PPL(H), clearly you will know far more than a mere [pretentious] enthusiast like me.

As you are clearly several steps ahead of me, maybe you could tell me the Lotto numbers for next week so I can go buy a 120?