PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When you almost became... "Another Statistic"
Old 7th Mar 2004, 02:56
Shaggy Sheep Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting to read of the Mixture / Carb Heat confusion among students. Before I started flying someone did this at Barton leading to a forced landing (must have been early '70s). At that time in C150s both controls were similar except in colour - they 'felt' the same.

Then Cessna changed the mixture control so that you needed to press in the knob on the end before the control would pull out, to prevent this very scenario. On the occasions where folk have done this, was it with the 'new' type of mixture control or the old?

Me? I was going to Welshpool years ago in the Chippy, back when Welshpool was a strip. Viz was bad, so we followed the railway from Crewe to Shrewesbury, then from Shrewsbury towards Welshpool. But Welshpool didn't come up on cue (the bloke in the back was supposed to be navigating, but I was P1). Eventually we found ourselves overhead a large town. I checked the map and identified Hereford! If you are going to follow a railway line, make sure it's the right one

SSD