PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How desperate can airlines get ?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2001, 03:38
hobie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quote from above .....

"The vast majority who fork out for a biz class seat do so for reasons of flexibility in ticketing and booking. Not to mention connections through codeshare arrangements in major hub airports. Not to also mention the guarentee that you'll be taken care of if things go tits up"

I remember flying from the states to Dxxxx...
in the front(almost the front) and talking to a fedex guy who was flying in with a few buddies to collect a 747 after maintenance ...... our breakfast trays had a single rose which we were expected to take away and when the fedex guy said he didn't have anyone to take it for, I sugested that the receptionist at the maintenance facility would get a great kick out of receiving it and thats where it ended up ..... while all this talking was going on my tray went off to the galley with "My Rose" ..... I mentioned to one of the gals that I would like it back and got the reply "well if you think I'm going to go looking for it" .......
I guess I've flown the atlantic a hundred times, business class, with the airline concerned but since that gal made me look about 2 inches tall in front of the fedex guy, I've never flown them since ...... (about ten years now) ...... a pretty expensive rose I would say