PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Pilot Meeting
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2004, 13:59
mini cooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Here's another problem as I see it for Emirates:

Lots of new 777-300ERs coming form 1/2005, in fact one a month for the next few years.
Emirates needs Captains and FOs to fly these a/c.
Training Capts p*ssed off at pay and conditions so are resigning.
Hence need New Training Capts to train all the new FOs ( because as we are told there are always lots queuing up to join!!!).
Problem - if take Line Capts OFF to train as Training Capts there won't be enough Line Capts to fly the normal schedule. If they don't take them OFF there won't be enough FOs trained to fly the new a/c.

DECs - quite a few have failed so far and do I care, to be honest no, they shouldn't have needed to come here in the first place. There are so many guys here already who could do the job (all ex Captains with a lot of experience) but Management do not have the balls to tell the Sheik what the promotion criteria is doing to the Company. MORALE IS ROCK BOTTOM. I joined on accel command and the rules changed and I am now deemed not experienced enough for accel upgrade. I have to wait 3yrs yet I regularly fly with Capts who have less hours than me (both total and command hours).

Such a pity as it should/ could be a great place to be. Unfortunately I've started to look for other jobs as I have to have a back up plan because I just don't trust management when they say when I get to 3 yrs I'll have a command!!!!!

For SVP FO and also our EVO E&FO - take the blinkers off, listen to what is being said and try and do something. You may have 3000 people trying to join but you have to deal with the people here at the moment.