PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS 2C - Class D Airspace Changes
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2004, 07:10
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just keep digging that hole............

This may come as a shock to you "ATCNorth", but real air traffic controllers control aircraft across oceans, sometimes high up in the sky- lots of times when they can't see them with binoculars. Thay often have pieces of airspace much larger than 5 miles. So keep making stupid statements like
but I only think I should be responsible for what is reasonable
what could I have done with a pair of binoculars and a radio?
Helps clarify that you are a liar.

It's really sad that Dick (or whoever this pretender is) has to try and use this sort of tactic to gain support. All it does is harm your argument. Do you get that?
How best to serve the users at these locations should be driven by what the user needs
How true that statement is.

Fare-paying passengers in RPT jets deserve the protection of ClassC, the very thing they were satisfactorily (and cheaply) provided with prior to this debacle.
its difficult for me to see what service I could possibly provide to a VFR aircraft more than 5 miles from the field
Spoken like a true VFR pilot. How about; stopping the VFR pilot getting cleaned up by a jet that he has no hope of avoiding, even if he sees it? Like in the LT incident.

As a 'controller' with '26 years experience', I'm sure you'll be able to thumb thru the crash mags when it's quiet, and work out which of those 35 aircraft lost in midair collisions every year (on average- 1992-2002 U.S.) would've benefitted from a control service !

Last edited by ferris; 6th Mar 2004 at 07:24.