PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turbo Prop Jobs
Thread: Turbo Prop Jobs
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2004, 01:45
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Well I dunno if it's as easy as that to get into a turboprop job, my chief pilot has 2 massive great cardboard boxes that he fills up every few weeks with CVs that arrive in the post ... and then he empties them all into the bin and starts again. And he doesn't even keep on file the ones with less than 1000 hours TT or a type rating.

Furthermore I don't know if it's that easy to move on either, there are several experienced turboprop drivers in my company who have been actively trying to get out for some time now, and they have been getting comprehensively ignored by every jet operator in the country for many months

Sad but true

Oh yeah and man flex's guess work is a bit misleading, ppjn list no less than 17 UK turboprop operators, of which only 2 are pure freight carriers - and there are several other turboprop operators which spring to mind who aren't even listed on the site, I would conservatively guess 20 to 25 turboprop "airlines" + god knows how many operators of King Airs and Cheyennes and that kind of thing.