PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can you fly G-reg aircraft in the UK on an FAA licence?
Old 5th Mar 2004, 12:56
Heliport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, from what people are saying here, it's beginning to look as if what Datcon has been told isn't "too good to be true" after all.

Helinut
Understood. I was just trying to summarise where we'd got to so far in answering the question. Your input is useful as someone who knows about it from UK schools' SFH side of things. Most of us probably don't.
I was suggesting most UK schools wouldn't impose unreasonable conditions on SFH to FAA PPLs. I can see the sense of doing the Air Law even if it isn't a legal requirement - no pun intended and can well see why you wouldn't want them flying your helicopters if they weren't prepared to do that.

Whirlycopter
A PPL who's done it.
If you're flying on an FAA PPL, is it a CAA requirement that you pass a CAA medical if you already have a Class 1 or Class 2 FAA medical?
Also, do you have to go back to America every two years to do your Flight Review? That sounds worse than I meant it to. I'm not suggesting 'having' to go to the US is terrible - far from it! What I really meant was can you do it with an FAA licensed/approved check pilot in the UK if you want to?
Was 'No flights to France' your Club rule or is that the law?

MD 600
Very sorry to hear about the problems over your medical Steve. Hope you're able to get the JAR Class 2 in the not too distant future and be back flying again soon.
Am I right in thinking that if someone has an FAA Class 1 or 2, there's no problem?

Very interesting thread - I'm learning a lot

Heliport