PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Don't Be Fuelish
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2004, 02:23
simandall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deleted my previous in order to double check some facts. Also because my anger was not helpful. No specific company or crew is implied by the following information. I know of an aircraft that may or may not be the one referred to in this item.

Aircraft was carrying extra fuel at departure from MAN due to the weather at destination.

Aircraft took up the hold at ADN with about forty minutes hold endurance before divert and FRF.

Aircraft began an approach during which the glidepath and NDB became u/s. Went around due to windshear warning.

Aircraft diverted immediately after missed approach to EDI with divert plus FRF.

Commander declared PAN due to Low Fuel warnings. Crew believe these were caused by the severe turbulence because indicated fuel was well above the normal trigger level.

Aircraft arrived on stand with 600kg. FRF is 440kg.

Aircraft had a planned trip time of 57 minutes. It was 2hrs 20 minutes block to block.

No evidence to suggest alleged bad language was used.

Believe it is libel when you make unsubstantiated allegations in writing. Much easier to prove than slander which is the verbal form of defamation.

Last edited by simandall; 5th Mar 2004 at 02:35.