PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Feb SO interviews
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2004, 23:43
GearDoor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that Bumboclot. That sucks.

I felt everything went well for me, up until the sim ride. The first interview was no problem. On the tech quiz, I'd be suprised if I got less that 29/30.

At the second interview, I don't think the interview went as good as the first, although it went well.

I wasn't anticipating any problem with the sim ride. I knew the profiles verbatim, but I struggled to keep the thing within 500 feet. I always took prompt corrective action, but it was a battle. I was pretty nervous about it, and I was the first guy to go. When the instructor asked if I wanted him to make any calls, I didn't even know what calls I wanted! Consequently, I don't remember him making a minimums call, or a call at 1000' on take-off and go-around. Also, I was bringing the flaps down a little sooner (faster) than the profile because I was getting tight, and I didn't want to go around, but I wasn't overspeeding them.

However, my second ILS was better than the first one (which isn't saying much) and I made what I thought was a pretty nice landing on the centreline despite being about 1/2 dot off the loc when breaking out.

Anyway, I wish I could have that sim ride back. I personally don't think a practice sim would have helped me that much. If anything to get a feel for how the sim "flies", but I am aware of the difference between hand-flying a sim and hand-flying a real airplane from my saab training.

Anyway, I'll likely try again. Like I said, I want to do that ride over. Cathay Pacific was nothing but a first class operation, and that is still where I want to end up.

Gear Door.