PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - People Leaving Ezy For Greener Pastures.
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2004, 23:14
Constant Speed DU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Based on most peoples opinions on this thread, there are quite clearly problems. Ultimately if an accident does happen and Easyjet have worked you up to the CAP371 limitations, the CAA are the people who are in the wrong. The current limitations are too old for low cost carriers! If rosters are harsh, saw a pretty mean one on the thread, send it to the CAA and request a response. If this continually happens, pressure will increase and the CAA will hopefully bring in even stricter FTL's than the new one's about to be introduced.

I have just written to my MP asking him how a lorry driver, driving a truck full of oranges is only allowed to drive for four hours and then, legally he must take a 40 min break. When an airline pilot moving about around 600 people per day (not oranges), operating for 10 to 12 hours per day with minimum rest between days, working for six days in a row does not have a legal break. I know at Ezy turnarounds are about 20 mins, is it possible to have break in 20 mins after setting up the a/c for the next sector refuelling and more importantly stocking up on duty free? I would like to know!!