PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MMMmmmiles Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2004, 22:44
Hairyplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Falcon kit

Hi Treaders!

My Falcon is a much loved machine in Sweden and features in several Swedish language books. When I was there in 02 I bought a home grown resin and metal kit of my aeroplane c/w the military decals that it wore during WW2. I think it may have been smaller than 1/48th though...

Why am I not sure of the scale?

The bloke who crafted my exquisite museum quality 1/24th scale models of the Falcon and Maggie - absolutely breathtaking - decided that he wanted to make the kit up and still has it....

It was fairly accurate but with two too many exhaust pipes (Falcon 6 oooooooh..yes please!) and one too many seats! on the plus side - it had a shed load of tiny little metal bits including the cockpit frame, stick, rudder bar etc.

If you want museum quality 1/24th models - we are talking compass markings and tyre valves here - I paid a ridiculously low £600 each for them. They took 3 months each to make by Doug Bone - 86years old and with failing eyesight so be quick....

If you want to see them I'll bring them along to OW.

Prepare to say 'Wow!' when I open the boxes.

The Maggie has a polished metal cowl and...well....everything.

On the larger scale - I have been promised an airworthy 1/4 scale model of the Maggie by a bloke who is putting the finishing touches to ta 1/4 scale model of the Falcon!

Another friend is building a Falcon to a similar scale with a view to flying it at OW during the season.

Stand by for a giant B17 (16ft span I think), A B24 to a similar scale plus some big P47's and P51's in an OW display this season - not sure when.

Well - you did say 'model' !!

Please let me know about the forthcoming kit, lets hope it is 'right'. A pity I havent been approached to facilitate its creation - happy for any model maker to crawl all over it and stroke its curvaceous lines.

Phooooaaaar!

VBR

HP