PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester??
Thread: Manchester??
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2004, 21:53
busz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So this must mean that the journalists scour these forums looking for pieces of information that will make headlines on slow news days, how sad. The tone used in the article implicates a poor design in the layout of the runways, which is simply untrue. At many airports across the world, the crossing of active runways is needed to get to the terminals. Take the busiest airport in the world for instance (in terms of passenger numbers). At Atlanta, aircraft arriving on the outer-most of the four parrallel runways must cross the inner runways on which aircraft are taking off.

Does anybody else hate the way the media sensationalise small incidents at airports in order to grab the readers attention and sell more copies of their newspaper.

I for one am not worried about safety at Manchester airport for i believe the pilots flying into and out of the airport, as well as the air traffic controls are amongst the most proffessional people in the world.

I look forward to tomorrow when i will once again enjoy a speedy and efficient departure from Manchester on my way to Madrid. (Hopefully flight BA1642 wont get any delays )

Regards

Alex