PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shenzhen & Hainan A/Ls hiring
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2004, 14:18
Ivan Urge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its all changing here rapidly- you didnt hear me say for the better. Many new hire captains have been to told to sit in the right seat, on right seat money, until??? FOs are being sought after, to the surprise of many. The much feared sim check has now changed and recently many captains have 'passed' (but see my second sentence). Sim is half done raw data with steep turns, 2 eng ILS with a G/A then an engine failure and fire around V2 followed by a min weather engine out ILS to land. No big formal interview as such- it all hinges on the sim and medical. Medicals a bit of a problem. Too much blood found in the alcohol of many, so candidates are asked not to drink for 5 days prior, nor during their stay here. Believe me you will feel like a drink pretty soon after you arrive. You will need a week to do it all. USD3000 with paying for yr accom is not enough for an F/O. You need to have yr accom paid for on top of that. Getting the NG rating also a bit of a problem. Come here with a VERY open mind and single. C.R.M. is simply a group of three non-consecutive letters in the alphabet with fullstops between them. It's not for families on that salary. LP is right if you want to drink/eat at local restaurants, but you can only do that so many times and when you crave for some Western culture/cuisine/company, be prepared to pay.

Last edited by Ivan Urge; 4th Mar 2004 at 15:06.