PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Investor Saves Sunair / Millionair
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2004, 13:08
AtlanticWatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad News

My first post, on a new name, and after being an undercover Prooner for a few years. So guys, dont start shooting at me as being one of the one-post-wonders who like to stir. This is just a comment, and the first of many to follow.

You mention you were stuck in CT when the old Blue Sunair went down. There is now some Cabin Crew of the newly departed Red Sun Air stuck in CT. Very sad.

Paxboy

100% correct. A good loyalty program would have made a big difference. So would new routs. They were planning on Joburg - Durban and CT - Durban, BUT, the most important factor, the deep pockets that you mentioned, was never there.

I had the pleasure of flying with them a number of times, and also knowing quite a few of their employees, and have to say the idea was very good, and the service the best in the local industry. Money always seemd on short supply though and the new investor that took over a year or so ago did not know the aviation industry at all. Had an investor with the right skills and knowledge, and suitably deep pockets taken over THEN, I am convinced we would have seen more of those red tailfins around today, instead of none.

To all the now unemployed Sun Air people out there: All the best and good luck. Remember when one door closes, there is always another one open! Maybe a bunch of you will find a new job 1time!