PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CDG-french speaking
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2004, 06:41
labello

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I suppose it's more confortable for only-english speaking people, to be able to understand everything.
But for example in cdg, the aircraft behind you may be on the same frequency, but the one just 1000ft above you or at 3 Nm on your right will be on another frequency. So it doesn't matter I speak french, english or chinese, you won't hear it.

and the traffic is really too complicated to have an idea on what's going on just by listening.
As a controller, what I want, and what is the safer, is that all pilots understand me at first. the safest would be that every pilot and every controller would speak all languages. of course it's impossible, so we use english when there is no other way.
It's not to be pride that we don't want to use english, it's because we really feel it's the safest.

In cdg there have been tries to do it all in english , and it creates a chaos perhaps for lack of preparation. I know there still have studies to use it on tower frequency, because it's simpler, and here, the pilots may really have an idea on what's going on.

what you would like, is that every people on earth, or at least, every people working in aviation would speak english as a native speaker. it's as realistic as saying that we should speak all languages on earth.