PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Feb SO interviews
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2004, 02:26
bumboclot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C. U.,
1. yes i did get some sim practice before i went to HKG. it was in a non-motion, no visual, B742 sim.
2. i definately think it was worth it for me. i have never flown anything bigger than a Cessna Caravan, so i really think it helped me with handling the sim ride. i think my sim ride went well, i was able to keep my altitudes within 100', and my approaches were spot on. forgot to call for flaps 20 right away on the missed, so my speed was hovering right at Vref for a bit. and then like i said when i became visual i started overcontrolling and pouched the landing.
3. in hindsight, when it started to get messy i should have gone around. and i'm kicking myself in the ass now wishing i did.
if i do get another chance i will get more sim practice, but this time in a motion sim with visual. yes it costs a pretty penny for sim time, but i look at it as an investment in the career of my dreams.
4. no one really tried to sell me on the sim time, it was something that i felt was important. comming from bush flying on the C208, i felt it would be a good investment for me to get a little practice before jumping into a jumbo jet sim ride.

minima - in hinsight, yes i do wish i had gone around. but what's done is done, and now i just have to pray that they give me a second chance. that was my first time ever in a motion sim, so besides the landing i think i did well.

anyone have any stories of how they got a second chance and how long it took to get it?