PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's more important Public or Flight Safety?
Old 3rd Mar 2004, 18:29
headsethair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good stuff! Glad you've got the time to share your thoughts.

TC "Same for trans atlantic flights on 1 engine being a non starter - ever"

Well, isn't that what was said about twin engine jets a few years ago ?.......then along came the 767, 777 etc.

"Crashing my piddling 44". Take it you've never flown one - but your duty of care argument goes off down an insurance alleyway. We should all be insured, whether PT or private. If my piddler goes down privately, there's compulsory 3rd party to cover pax and persons/structures on the ground. That is duty of care.

Don't think your "bus drivers" example stands up. Are they the same drivers I see listening to their MP3 players and using a phone whilst driving? Over-regulation does not solve problems - it causes more to pop up.

I hear what you both say about what you need to do the job. But shouldn't you, couldn't you at least try a different method if it it can be proven to work successfully ?

Mil training on 44s - I observe pilots training on 44s and 22s the whole time. The machine can take what's thrown at it just as well as any AS 350. And when it does get donged, it doesn't cost a fortune to repair. Glass cockpits ? Computers ? Let's get the b*ggers flying first.

And more of them.

I think we better end this here. We all have better things to do. But I would love to chew the fat if either of you have the time. Happy to meet on your territory - so long as you don't mind seeing an R44 close up.

Then you'll find out where I got the handle.