PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - People Leaving Ezy For Greener Pastures.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2004, 18:07
Scottie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey if you work for the civil service or a bank in Aberdeen and your next posting for promotion is in London you've got to take it, or miss out on the promotion. True you'll get a relocation package but I don't expect many people would dream of commuting. You go where the job is.

In my previous company commands could be at any of the bases and you were expected to move accordingly. People did. I moved twice.

Commuting isn't a long term strategy either judging by the number of people who are leaving easyJet to take jobs in their home country. If eJ had the best terms in the industry people still wouldn't remain in eJ and commute. They'd rather stay on home turf.

If people have been given a hard sell, well true that would be unfair and I have sympathy for the Dutch who were taken on with the promise of a AMS base. They have been well and truly shafted.

Disrespectful of my colleagues? I don't think so. I respect them for commuting but there are more important issues in these negotiations which affect us all . My commuting colleagues don't see themselves in eJ as a long term career principally because of the commuting. This is a short term option, albeit a painful one.

One thing about getting your command at another base, well you've had a net increase of £1000 so why not use that to pay for your ticket?

As you say Slim20 it's about lifestyle. 5 and 3 clear days off would make it a lot easier for us all.

Fence sitters need to join before the negotaitions are finished.