PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Don't Be Fuelish
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2004, 16:02
TAC On

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kaptin M

You are getting your knickers in a knot, through not having read the posts properly.

I concur with your summary in your last, but would add that over the destination one should take into account any others factors known or reasonably expected , and adjust the min divert accordingly. For instance if you know that there will be a dozen others diverting to the alternate it is reasonable to assume that a bit extra for vectoring and holding would be prudent. As you are well aware this is the undefined area of the op, where judgement and command perogative come into play.

Should you now take yourself back to the original post and re read it, you will note it is alleged, that whilst overhead the destination, the Captain, elected to hold further over an unavailable aerodrome. As is also alleged, he took no extra from the departure aerodrome. Ergo he was at or close to min divert fuel when he elected to remain over an unavailable aerodrome.

Such a decision, based on the facts alleged, is bodering on the criminal.

On the basis of the allegations made in the original post, I have no compunction in saying this man is an idiot, and anyone who considers that he is not a menace to aviation (based on the allegations made) is also an idiot. Having met you and enjoyed a few ales and a steak with you I assumed that you are not so, and can only presume that you have misread or misinterpreted.

If the circumstances are not as indicated in the original post I will gladly withdraw and reconsider.

With regard to my own experience and distance to run (I'll get to the finish line a long way before you), the mixing of terms is the result of having worked in many areas where the same things run under different names, and the self induced destruction of brain cells over time. My appolgies for being imprecise. analyse the handle and you may care to reconsider your inappropriate comments.

Personal attack is not your usual style Charlie. Suggest you leave off the saki before you post next time.