PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Giving away our airspace and jobs
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2004, 04:19
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Balix,

Oooo, you do have a hang up about the place, don't you. Did you once fail to validate here or something?
That is the most regular line trotted out when people don't agree with someone from NATS. What do you do with people who are unable to make the grade that makes them so anti?

However, you can not include me in that group. My english isn't good enough.

Anyway, I had heard that everyone validates at ScOACC - that is why they send all the failures from LACC, LTCC and MACC there.

You have given me a great suggestion for our company. Every passenger who complains at the customer service or check-in desk will be asked "did we turn you down for a job?"

---
Arran,

It is not possible for me to buy a controlling stake in NATS because a) the UK Government hold onto that and b) being from elsewhere in Europe, I am prevented by the UK legislation designed to stop NATS being run by a non-UK entity (national security and all that stuff).

NATS is not a PLC as far as I am aware. Would have been a bit embarrasing to have one's shares worthless shortly after floatation on the exchange and probably suspended. Bit tooo public that!

Haven't had anyone say that the service provided will be worse than currently available.

Extra costs?, even a small increase in the charge accrued by a few fuel efficient short haul flights could be easily balanced against the much larger route charge and fuel saving available to heavy thirsty long-haul flights from a more efficient lower cost direct routing via IAA airspace.

Join NOTA and SOTA and push west using ADS etc and from a pilot's point of view, ScACC having handed the O to Shannon will have a few more ATCO's available for domestic re-sectorisation.

There is one thing that the EU does pay for - The Irish to patrol in much of Shanwick's and part of Scottish's airspace. Perhaps we should ask them to have a look at Rockall the next time they pass. Nice Spannish aeroplanes paid for by the EU as well and fitted with a radar etc that has been paid for by the EU. Check them out the next time they visit the UK.

---

10W,

Was it you that strated a thred about the cost of providing an FIS at ScACC some time back? and about wanting to get rid of the ATSA that does the job in certain parts? It seems to have disappeared very quickly. Do I detect a common thred that the Scotts are very worried about money?

Will there be a cost over-run on the new annex?

Regards,

DFC