PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manston Radio Frequencies
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2004, 23:32
CBLong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to confirm what has been written above... Manston is my home base, so I know whereof I speak

119.92 is "Manston Tower" and is only used for joining instructions and in the circuit etc. 126.35 is "Manston Radar" and they provide FIS / RIS over most of East Kent, until your travels take you close to Southend, Rochester, Headcorn, Lydd or mid-channel, when you'll be expected to change to the next relevant frequency.

So, inbound, call Manston Radar first on 126.35 - you can call from a long way out and request a FIS or RIS. When you get closer (ie "field in sight") you'll be asked to change to Manston Tower on 119.92. Similarly, on departure, you'll be on 119.92 until you've left the circuit, whereupon you'll be asked to contact Manston Radar on 126.35 and request FIS / RIS.

It can be a bit confusing because sometimes the same controller is working both frequencies, and may even transmit on both frequencies simaltaneously, so you might hear calls intended for circuit traffic while listening to 126.35, but don't worry about that.

cbl.