PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CDG-french speaking
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2004, 15:33
alexban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sonnendec:
Mate ,did you read my initial post? If so,take a step back,and read again yours.Who was talking about speaking with your coleagues in english? Do you think that we speak in english in the cockpit,if we are not native english ? Except the checklists ,of course,which are done in english.
That was not the problem,mate. I was talking about safety.If you want to become a pilot or a controller ,this days ,you must know english,and yes,you should speak it pretty well.If you think is hard,don't become a professional pilot or controller.It's simple.
There are pilots flying everywhere in the world,not only in their native country.We are not required to speak chinese if we fly for China Eastern,for ex.Or to know arabic if we fly for Emirates.We will speak in english,we are pros.
I don't mind what you speak in the tower between yourself,I won't hear it from the plane,it's important that you understand between yourself.
But what you speak to the pilots must be understand by everybody! On gound or air.

' When you fly over France (if you were a pilot), think that it is YOU the one that does not speak the language, is not the french controllerīs fault, for the ATC is easier and safer to be able to do his job in his mother language, but on behalf of safety and the international conventions, that french guy speaks english to you, since a pilot canīt learn every language in the world.'
If you are a pilot? Who else is flying ,mate? Astronauts?
And yes,read again your words.'In interest of safety,as a pilot can't learn every language in the world '.But we all must learn one,english it is now.Maybe in 3000 will be japanese,who knows.We'll learn it then.
And ,don't think for a minute you can't make mistakes.Give yourself a chance,by making sure everybody understands what you are saying.This way ,maybe even a collision may be avoided. Read my example or Barnaby's .

' as i said before, this is a no-end discussion, i dont want to convince you and you are not going to convince me.'
This says all about you mate. I think you have no place in this industry if you think like this.You should be able to listen to arguments and even change your mind if you been proved wrong.

I hope you'll think a minute about all this
Brgds Alex