PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Pilot Meeting
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2004, 14:34
Can't think of a name

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OOT Blue,

As you can see there are lots of people telling you not to come. I'm not disagreeing with them, but I would add a couple of possible considerations.

If hubby was told "possible command after 18 months" then he must qualify for the "accelerated list", which means he must already have 2000Hrs command time on B737/A320 or bigger. (Otherwise he MUST do 3 years as an F/O, and may get stuck there for many more years as previously posted numbers indicate)

If this is the case then he only needs to wait to 3000 command to qualify as a DEC. You guys would then arrive in Dubai about 18 - 24 months later, and be earning about 10,000 Dhs more per month than you would be if you joined now. Follow that earning difference down a 10 -15 year career time line, and I think the technical term would "no brainer"? The added advantage would be you get the next 18 months or so to see what happens in EK, and do so without burning any Canadian bridges.

A bitch of a decision for you as a family, but good luck with it, and maybe we'll all get to enjoy your company here in a couple of years.

All the best....