PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Pilot Meeting
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2004, 02:19
out.of.the.blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys,

Hope you don't mind me posting to your forum, I am a pilot's wife and we are just about to pack up our lives here in Canada and move to Dubai. My husband is away on a layover right now (thank goodness he has not quit his job yet) and because this move clearly has a major effect on my life as well, I am trying to find some clarification. After reading all the posts from this latest meeting, our once very confident decision to sign on with Emirates is in serious question.

I just don't get it?????? I was a huge supporter on moving the whole family over to Dubai, for many reasons. The climate, the lifestyle and especially the company. We were under the impression that Emirates really cared about its employees. From what I could see from the outside looking in Emirates was doing everything possible (of course within reason) to make sure that the pilots and their wives were happy. Which obviously makes sense, there is a lot of cost in relocating, training etc. My husband was told that he would see a Captains seat within 18months- 3 years, for him this was a MAJOR factor in making his decision. It now appears that this is just some sort of carrot or Capt. Seat on a string that they are dangling in front of these guys faces...... to get them over there. Talk about making people unhappy, it very obvious from what I have been reading there is a lot tension and animosity. We do not have to move half way around the world for that type of enviroment, we have pleanty of it right here at home. This was another major factor in our move, looking forward to working for a company who respected its employees. We have been researching this whole deal for over a year, have we had ours heads in the sand the whole time?

Why is Emirates telling these guys things that are just not true?
Bottom line is.... They are messing with people's lives, expecting these guys to make major decisions based on out right lies.

I think the thing that is most upsetting to me is that in my mind Emirates was a First Class Airline all the way and we were really excited about being a part of it. Not so sure now. At the rate the management at Emirates is going they are going to drive this airline right into the ground.

Truly a sad state of affairs.........