PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - People Leaving Ezy For Greener Pastures.
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2004, 15:53
VSI Bug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

The fact that only 15 people post regarding the staff travel issue on the easyJet intranet does not mean it only affects those 15 people.

Many employees including myself are reluctant to post on the intranet forum, possibly out of fear of p...ing off people in management?

You are only able to post under your real name. The end result is that only guys who are secure in their position and are positioned high on the easyJet food chain, or those who are simply desperate and don't care anymore if it causes personal repercussions post a reply.

Additionally, some people have the gift of writing very thought provoking posts that are not abrasive in nature and get the point across without appearing like a rant. For example the letter addressed to the easyJet staff travel computer.

When out on the line, I daily hear complaints especially from foreign (non-UK) crews who can not go to visit their loved ones and children, simply because they cannot afford 200 pounds for a round trip. This applies especially to cabin crew who are not making a lot of money.

With regards the BA 757 from Prague with the rear half full with employees on standby tickets, I would like to say the following:

Had these employees not travelled, the rear cabin would have been empty anyway, remember these employees are travelling on SBY tickets, meaning you can only get on the flight when the seats remain empty !!! as the check-in closes.

On most easyJet flights there will always be empty seats. What is wrong with employees taking these seats? The company would still get some revenue and it would actually positively affect the bottom line.

It is a shame that the Greek, Italian or Spanish cabin crew girls can only afford to visit their families back home once every 2 months or so simply because easyJet Management refuses to help its employees with a proper staff travel system.

Again, such a system could be up and running in a matter of a few days.