PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Giving away our airspace and jobs
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2004, 05:13
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arran,

The quote you provided in your last post is I believe what the average person would consider your stance on the issue to be.

You however have yet to provide the amount that the EU is supposed to have paid for this radar. More importantly, how much did NATS pay?

You are the ones who sat on your hands while NATS was privatised and now live in constant fear of NATS loosing out in competition. My advice - take out that dry powder keg and sit on it while you have a long smoke

Thanks to Whipping Boy's SATCO, we now know that Scotlands airspace extends to 12nm from the coast.

This means that this topic has nothing to do with Scottish or UK airspace so your complaint fails before one reads beyond the title.

-----

Balix,

I agree that there is not enough of a requirement to justify a NEW - ADN airway especially when an alternative route (slightly longer) exists.

What we have a problem with is eastbound from NEW where there is no protection and no suitable service. The UK military do not recognise advisory routes and quite happily blast across. However, the important point is that if there was an advisory route eastbound from NEW to the FIR boundary, we could get a RAS while on that route and that would be a big benifit while climbing up to the upper levels or for those flights who never reach the safety of the upper air.

---

Of course, what will really upset Arran is the news that the IAA are about to complete the radar head for the remainder of Shanwick airspace north of 53N

Don't believe me? Perhaps you should sail out to Rockall and have a look

Regards,

DFC