PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MMMmmmiles Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2004, 02:13
Hairyplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swedish Gemini flies.

My dear friend Fredric Lagerquist of the Swedish EAA to whom I owe so much for researching the history of my Falcon during its time in Sweden, 1936-1961, has provided the following information on a Gemini project. It was fast approaching completion during my visit to Barkaby (etc.) in the Falcon in 02.

Here is the update -

Hi!

It is indeed correct that SE-AYM flew again last year. It atended the EAA rally at Barkarby in early June. I took some pictures of it andwill scan them tomorrow and send them to you.

Have a look at this caption - it is taken by Freddy Stenbom:

http://www.hobby.se/EAA/EAA-flygplan/SEAYM.jpg

I have been looking for an emailadress to Björn Esbjörnsson, but I havent found any. I looked in the logbook of SE-AYM at Barkers and noted flights made to Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia in the early 1950s by Björns father and Rune Glad. Rune is still around and living i Höllviken. In fact I belive that he was the one who collected the Gemini in the UK. BTW, Rune was also the pilot when the Gemini-prototype SE-BUY crashed at AB Jordbruksflygs own strip at Alunda on 11.11.53. He was quite badly injoured but took up flying again about a half a year later or so.

So! Another Miles machine takes to the air! Fascinating too that the guy who restored it is the son of the original owner who bought it new - same family for 51 years, rivalling the Spiller Messenger G-AKIN @ Sywell, in the Spiller family for a similar period.

We are trying to persuade the owner of the Gemini to come to G-VFWE.

Wouldn't that be great!

HP