PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Capers in Cameroon
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2004, 00:13
max payload

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4HP- thanks for the support mate, I'm still new at this.

Cap'n Buck- just like the old days in the Coast Guard: still charging ahead. Sorry if I've rustled your feathers a bit, mate.
HK still OK?

Dolfin- we should meet over a drink in the Akwa someday.

Anjouan- what can I say, sorry you've left.

Mama Mangrove- thanks, Cameroun is pretty quiet at the moment. Most of the present work is up in Tchad, which subsequently is where we spend most of our time on tour. There's talk of expanding into the Sudan, we'll see. Lots of oil keeps getting discovered.
The CHC takeover keeps everybody talking, all waiting to see what might or might not change this year. My take on the situation is that the actual operation will not change much, we'll continue operating as before, probably even under our own banner. Geographically this operation is huge, and CHC already has an operation in Malabo (SSG) so maybe CHC South Africa will move to Eq. Guinee or Cameroun? I've seen stranger things happen.
How's Nigeria? Have fun with the ex-Camerounians, don't believe all of it, living in Douala is not all that bad...

All- I said it before, and I'll say it again: I happen to really enjoy my work, as well as my splendid collegues, and Schreiner in Cameroun & Tchad might just be a better place than most to be puttering away into the wild blue African yonder.

Max.