PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FRI figures for 2004/5
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2004, 18:43
Eight Eights Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It always amazes me how so many of you are so sodding negative about the pay structure and allowances and such like.
If you bothered your ar$e and looked at the pay review for the preceeding years you will have noted that the FRI was introduced on a 5 year scheme, which means they do not have to waste time re-iterating it for this year. The figure at the time was given as £30,000 for OR's and £50,000 for Rodney's or something like that. If you use your ill educated brain to work this out I am sure you will come up with the same answer as I, which is that you will receive the same as last years FRI at the time you are eligible. If I am wrong then please feel free to send me some hits but until then stop whingeing and get on with some work for which we get highly paid for. Ask any civil flyer how much they earn and then compare. Better in than out.
Oh yeh and by the way a full review of Aircrew pay and alllowances has been called for in 2005 so it could be good news for us again. Remember that this FRI was only a stop gap. They know they cannot afford to lose us and will do anything to keep us in, so for gods sake give them a chance.
FRI affects me this year as well so I can see your concerns but all it takes is a little research and you will find the answers. The AFPRB is an official document with all the info contained within it and they cannot go back on it now can they. There will be some beady eyed know all out there who would and could contest it.