PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to for VB and Qantas?
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2004, 15:21
Aussierotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking at routes and cities i think Jetstar will have a big impact on VB,more than it will on qantas.Time will tell.

As for $29 tickets ,that is better than nothing.How many planes do you see chockers-----always a couple of seats vacant,and the advertising of cheap seats does wanders.And naturally most of these would be at times and days the records show are down on normal numbers.VB does midweek deals because less fly at those times.
Lets face it---cheap Jetstar-VB-QF only vary a few bucks.If there any left on the day you want to travel you have a good deal------------book WAY AHEAD
For curiosity i checked MELB to LAUNCESTON on June 1st
Jetstar--$69
QF--$72
VB--$105

Maybe next day is reversed--thats how it goes.

Son works for QF and reckons he can get me 50% of airfares--------thats 50% off full fare----i can do better than that on the nett.

I fly for convenience(short stop-overs on route when not direct) ,service(like my little meals etc) and i suppose the main reason my depature point is only serviced by one airline and im stuffed if im getting my bags off and going to next terminal to check in again all for a few $.

But the average punter arent too smart.They all think VB is $hite cheap and wouldnt even know the price of compeditors------but that was the advertising