PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ascoteers Multiple Choice
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2004, 09:20
Biggus

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts
DP Harvey

The EU Eng phoned his boss for advice when the aircraft landed in Germany, and the Capt was indeed E catted, but only once the aircraft had got back to Lyneham (thus avoiding the embarassing problem of trying to get it back to UK without a captain)!

It was not a min crew, although it only had two pilots, which I guess was your point. The co-pilot was not fresh off the OCU. The Nav and Eng were not E catted, although they had a firm interview with the headmaster with a book down their trousers!! The EU Eng watched it all happen, when he could have simply said..'I don't think thats a good idea captain..', and stopped it in its tracks. Therefore, if it was a flight safety risk (which it was), in my opinion the EU Eng should have taken an equal amount of flak for just standing there and letting it happen when he could have prevented it. Needless to say nothing happened to the EU eng!

But why let the truth get in the way of a good story!!

P.S The captain was one of the finest aviators I ever had the privelige of flying with, and a damned fine chap to boot!! (And I wasn't the nav with a book down my trousers!)