PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi mass exodus
Thread: bmi mass exodus
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2004, 23:25
shafted@work

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in reference to the comment of job losses, mainline has about 150 fewer pilots than it peaked at.
Sir mike will not be employing anyone in 25 years time, and when his departure comes there will be only one person he will be thinking of.
As for all you contented guys, you make me feel warm inside. I have two good friends who are 14 years in the company and they have been "visiting" other airlines of late.
There is one course of ex oxford graduates where I can say there will be no more than three out of eight still remaining in 1 years time. They all have 5000hrs a couple are current on both airbus and boeing.

I think the bottom line is everyone would love to see the company do well, but we are carrying full flights yet "published" revenues have dropped. we have become a low cost airline with no desire to capture business class.

Add the low cost type flying to the hassles associated with LHR and what you get suits very few of our workforce. People still live in hope, but I think the management have "cried wolf" once too often now.

Oh and by the way, I am not from EDI and this thread was not based on a gripe, it was to try to make the management aware of the potential problem they will face. I would love to see us do well as that would mean that I could continue to work with my excellent collegues, but even I (after almost ten years) feel that I cannot put up with this any longer.